Coronavirus Bill’ and your care business: what to look out for in the emergency legislation
The Coronavirus Bill will enable action in five key areas:
- Increasing the health and social care workforce, for example by allowing recently retired NHS staff and social workers to return to work
- Easing the burden on frontline staff by reducing the administrative tasks local authorities are otherwise required to complete
- Containing and slowing the virus by reducing unnecessary social contact, for example strengthening quarantine powers of police and immigration officers
- Managing the deceased with respect and dignity, and
- Allowing people to claim Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from day 1 (not day 3) and supporting the food industry to maintain supplies.
For the full Government update click here.
If you need advice on how the new emergency situation may affect your care business, please contact Mei-Ling Huang and James Sage in our specialist Health & Social Care team. We are fully operational and available to advise you as the coronavirus crisis unfolds: