Please take a few minutes to read this carefully as it contains important information relating to the details that you have given us.
For the purpose of Data Protection, the data controller is Wateringbury (Maidstone) Ltd, The Coach House Business Village, Red Hill, Wateringbury, Near Maidstone, Kent, ME18 5NN.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process information such as, name, address, telephone, number, email address etc, when you complete registration forms or send emails to us. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may ask you to provide us with detailed personal information relating to your existing circumstances, your financial situation and, in some cases, your health and family health history (Your Personal Data). This document is important as it allows us to explain to you what we will need to do with Your Personal Data, and the various rights you have in relation to Your Personal Data.
What do we mean by “Your Personal Data”?
Your Personal Data means any information that describes or relates to your personal circumstances. Your Personal Data may identify you directly, for example your name, address, date or birth, National Insurance number and the like. Your Personal Data may also identify you indirectly, for example, your employment situation, your physical and mental health history, or any other information that could be associated with your cultural or social identity.
In the context of providing you with assistance in relation to your finance requirements, Your Personal Data may include:
- Title, names, date of birth, gender, nationality, civil/marital status, contact details, addresses and documents that are necessary to verify your identity
- Employment and remuneration information, (including salary/bonus schemes/overtime/sick pay/other benefits), employment history
- Bank account details, tax information, loans and credit commitments, personal credit history, sources of income and expenditure, family circumstances and details of dependents
- Health status and history, details of treatment and prognosis, medical reports (further details are provided below specifically with regard to the processing we may undertake in relation to this type of information)
- Any pre-existing finance products and the terms and conditions relating to these
We may collect details of any transactions, or links you make, through this website.
The basis upon which we will deal with Your Personal Data
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To communicate with you and to provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we reasonably believe may be of interest to you and where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- We use your data, with specific and selected professional third parties to provide you with the service offered on this website and we or they may contact you about these by email.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry made to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we, or they, will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, then please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Wateringbury (Maidstone) Ltd, The Coach House Business Village, Red Hill, Wateringbury, Near Maidstone, Kent, ME18 5NN and we will remove you from our list for marketing purposes.
What information we collect
If you choose to access a search feature or to fill in a form on the Site, you may be asked to provide information about yourself, such as your name and contact details. We may also collect other information about you at the same time, such as details of the business/property you are interested in, the price and location, and your contact details.
- We will collect information that you provide to us when you register as a user and/or request property email updates such as Property Alerts about when a business/property is placed on the market.
- We will collect information that you provide when participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site and enter into competitions, promotions or surveys available.
- We will collect information that you provide to us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you, when we collected the data, that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site.
Why we collect it
- We will collect information to make sure that you receive the benefit of the Buyacarehome service. This may include transferring your enquiry to agents advertising that business so that they can respond to your enquiry.
- We will collect information to provide you with the benefit of services.
- We will collect information to provide Property Alerts to you of new properties marketed.
- We will collect information to process and resolve any queries that you may have.
- We will use your information to allow you to participate in the interactive services available on our Site or to participate in competitions or promotions via our Site.
- We will use your information to pass your searches and messages on to our partners to help them communicate with you directly and to provide a more personalised service to you. This may include contacting you about other relevant properties, adding you to their enquiry database for future contact and offering you their additional services;
- to provide services and information to our partners
- to customise and enrich your experience on our Site
Our lawful basis for processing this personal data
- We have a legitimate interest to process this information. These legitimate interests are:
- to provide a service to our partners and to you
- to provide you with our services
- to gain information about the use of our Site and any improvements that can be made as well as providing advertising space to our partners and third parties
- to ensure that your queries are addressed
- to provide a service to our partners so they can respond to enquiries
What happens to Your Personal Data when it is disclosed to us?
In the course of handling Your Personal Data, we will:
- Record and store Your Personal Data in our paper files, mobile devices and on our computer systems (websites, email, hard drives, and cloud facilities). This information can only be accessed by employees and consultants within our Firm and only when it is necessary to provide our service to you and to perform any administration tasks associated with or incidental to that service.
- Use Your Personal Data for the purposes of responding to any queries you may have or to inform you of any developments in relation to products of which we might become aware.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also use your data or permit selected third parties (including our agents and service providers) to use your data to provide you with information about services which we reasonably believe to be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these on the contact details you have supplied to us.
We retain access to all personal information that we have collected from you or about you. Once your information has been passed to one of our partners in the course of providing our services (most typically when you communicate with an agent through our Site) then that partner will have a copy of the information that you have provided within your enquiry and your contact details which they will use to get in touch with you. In relation to property data, it is provided to us by agents/partners (or third parties that act on their behalf). Our partners (or any third party that acts on their behalf) will be responsible for information in their possession and that information will be subject to any privacy terms or policies that the partner has in place; we are not responsible for use (or misuse) of your information by any of our partners.
We may also have links to other websites from our Site. We are not responsible for the content, security, privacy policies and practices of any other websites, even if you access them using links from this Site or if you can access this Site or use our services from them. We recommend that you check the policy of each website that you visit and make sure that you are comfortable with the terms of such policies before providing any personal information.
We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your information to any third party without your permission unless we are required to do so by law or to obtain professional advice.
We do not disclose your personal information to any other third party without your consent except:
- When necessary in relation to any supply of services to you, in order to protect against fraud or any other crime or where we are required to do so by law.
- In the event that we sell or buy any part of our business or any of our assets or another business or their assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets.
- If we are, or substantially all of our assets are, acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets.
If you do not want us to pass your details on to third parties, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at Wateringbury (Maidstone) Ltd, The Coach House Business Village, Red Hill, Wateringbury, Near Maidstone, Kent, ME18 5NN.
Sharing Your Personal Data
From time to time Your Personal Data will be shared with:
- Third parties who we believe will be able to assist us with your enquiry or application, or who are able to support your needs as identified, in each case where we believe this to be required due to your particular circumstances.
In each case, your Personal Data will only be shared for the purposes set out in this customer privacy notice, i.e. to progress your enquiry and to provide you with our professional services. Please note that this sharing of Your Personal Data does not entitle such third parties to send you marketing or promotional messages: it is shared to ensure we can adequately fulfil our responsibilities to you, and as otherwise set out in this Privacy Notice.
We do not envisage that the performance by us of our service will involve Your Personal Data being transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
Security and retention of Your Personal Data
Your privacy is important to us and we will keep Your Personal Data secure in accordance with our legal responsibilities. We will take reasonable steps to safeguard Your Personal Data against it being accessed unlawfully or maliciously by a third party.
We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information to us, such as not sending confidential information over unprotected email, ensuring email attachments are password protected or encrypted and only using secure methods of postage when original documentation is being sent to us.
Your Personal Data will be retained by us either electronically or in paper format for a minimum of six years, or if longer than six years, the duration of this Firm’s relationship with you.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Data collection – Google Analytics
Our website makes use of non-invasive (no personal data) cookies to provide you with an enhanced user experience.
We may use Google Analytics to collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our carefully selected advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your internet usage around our website. Google Analytics uses cookie files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
To gain information about your preferences;
To speed up your searches; and
To recognise you when you return to our website.
Property Details Displayed on Buyacarehome.com
The details of the properties available on this site are provided to us by our affiliated business agents for your information only. We cannot verify these details and therefore make no warranties or representations to their accuracy or completeness and you must carry out your own research and verification into the property you are interested in. We do not accept property details from consumers. If you are the owner of a property being displayed for sale on our website this is because the agent you have chosen to use for the sale of your property has an agreement with us to display the details of your property on our website and thereby place the information fully in the public domain, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the uploading of any such details to the website, if you have any questions in this respect you must contact the agent you have chosen to use for the sale of your property.
Third Party Advertising
We may agree to carefully selected third party advertising being placed on our website from our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. The advertisements that appear will be delivered to you, on our behalf, by our web advertising partners. Information about your visits to our website, such as the number of times you have viewed an advertisement (but NOT your name, address or other personal details) is used to serve such third-party advertisements.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Wateringbury (Maidstone) Ltd, The Coach House Business Village, Red Hill, Wateringbury, Near Maidstone, Kent, ME18 5NN.
Your rights in relation to Your Personal Data
- request copies of Your Personal Data that is under our control
- ask us to further explain how we use Your Personal Data
- ask us to correct, delete or require us to restrict or stop using Your Personal Data (details as to the extent to which we can do this will be provided at the time of any such request)
- ask us to send an electronic copy of Your Personal Data to another organisation should you wish
- change the basis of any consent you may have provided to enable us to market to you in the future (including withdrawing any consent in its entirety)
DATA PROTECTION REGISTRATION
In the UK, we operate, and are registered, in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation.
If we feel we have a legal right not to deal with your request, or to action, it in different way to how you have requested, we will inform you of this at the time. You should also make contact with us as soon as possible on you becoming aware of any unauthorised disclosure of Your Personal Data, so that we may investigate and fulfil our own regulatory obligations.
If you have any concerns or complaints as to how we have handled Your Personal Data you may lodge a complaint with the UK's data protection regulator, the ICO, who can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by writing to Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.